Creating a Task by Importing an Existing Configuration¶
If you have an existing task configuration that you want to reuse for the new data synchronization task, you can import the configuration file (data synchronization task configuration file or batch processing workflow configuration file).
Before You Start¶
Ensure that you have a task or workflow configuration file stored locally. For information about how to export an existing task or workflow as a configuration file, see Exporting Task Configuration or Exporting a Workflow.
In the EnOS Management Console, select Data Synchronization from the left navigation menu.
Click + above the task list or click New Synchronization Task in the blank page.
In the New Data Synchronization Task window, complete the basic settings for the task.
- Mode: Select Import task config.
- Name: Enter the name of the task.
- Upload File: Browse and select the configuration file in your local file system.
- Description: Provide a description for the task.
- Select Dir: Select the directory to save the task.
Edit the settings that are loaded from the configuration file.
- If you chose to create a periodic task in step 2, see Synchronizing Data from External Data Source to Hive (Periodic Scheduling).
- If you chose to create a one-time task in step 2, see Synchronizing Data from External Data Source to Hive (Manual Scheduling).
Click Pre-run and select a triggering time to test running the data synchronization task.
After a task starts to run, an instance will be generated. You can then trace the details about the instance through Workflow Operation. For more information, see Workflow Operation.
After the data is synchronized from the data source, you can schedule other processing tasks based on the data. For more information, see Batch Processing Overview.